Another one of my favorites from Weelicious…..
Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (Makes 30 Cookies)
- Prep Time: 15 mins,
- Cook Time: 25 mins,
- 3 bananas (preferably ripe or spotty bananas)
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup pitted and chopped dried dates
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, walnuts or raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Mash bananas in a bowl, and mix in the remaining ingredients.
- 3. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
- 4. Using a mini ice cream scoop or tablespoon, place the batter onto a Silpat or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 4. Bake for 25 Minutes.
- 5. Cool and serve.
- ** To make into bars – place dough in a greased 7×11 dish, bake for 35-40 minutes then allow to cool. Cut into bars or squares.
- To Freeze: allow cookies to cool after baking then place in a Ziploc bag, label and freeze for up to 3 months.